National Park Service to Promote Concessioner Events
The National Park Service Commercial Services Program, the Office of Tourism, and the Office of Public Affairs have teamed up to increase the promotion of concessioner activities and special events. With recent emphasis on declining visitation to national parks, NPS is exploring ways to reverse this trend and help Americans reconnect with our parks, recreation areas, and historical sites. To that end, NPS is taking immediate action to better communicate the wealth of opportunities available to the public this summer.
NPS is seeking to:
• Gather information regarding park and concessions activities, services, and accommodations, and ensure this information is available to the media and the public;
• Improve access to park and concession activities, services, and accommodations on park websites (i.e., make information for visitors easier to find); and
• Engage in regular dialog with the travel and tourism industry about National Parks and promoting sustainable visitation efforts.
Ensure that your concessions events are published in the upcoming NPS media advisory:
• Make a list of the activities and events planned in your National Park through September;
• Write event summaries (with contact information) of no more than 150 words; Press releases and photos are also welcome; and
• Email details to Commercial_Services@nps.gov;
The deadline for submittals is April 22nd.
The summer events information will be consolidated for distribution to magazines, newspapers, online travel sites, and other media outlets in early May. We hope that this effort will result in greater awareness of the diversity of opportunities available through the National Park Service.
Marketing and Management Conference December 8-10, 2009
America Outdoors Association's annual Marketing and Management conference is set for December 8-10, 2009 in Reno Nevada. Registration will open the evening of December 7th. We have a great line up of new speakers who will help you expand your markets and increase your revenues. Plus the latest in risk management and up to date goverment affairs sessions. The 2009 trade show features the vendors you want see offering outstanding show specials.
Reno's new state-of-the-art ballroom facility will be the venue for this year's seminars and meetings.